Friday, June 28, 2013

Back! (sort of)

Well, blogging world, it's been a busy summer already! I can't believe it's about to be July! So much has happened since I've been "awol" once again. In May I graduated from college (woop!) and we got our crazy, hilarious cocker spaniel puppy, Lewis. We began June with an awesome, much-needed vacay to Florida! The hubs and I spent a week in Sarasota with my in-laws visiting my sisters-in-law, one of whom just had an adorable baby!

The day after we got back (seriously!) I received the best news of the summer.... I got a job!
I am so excited to officially be a fourth grade literacy teacher. I think it is the perfect job for me. I love all things books, reading, writing, and literature-related. So these past few weeks have been filled with me obsessively preparing for my first year of teaching! I even attended my first teaching conference in Little Rock with my new colleagues! Ahh!
Can you tell I'm a little excited? I've been spending a lot of time on TPT, Pinterest, blogs, and in my classroom getting ready for all things fourth grade. And of course, I have been making my own things as well. Hopefully I will have those up in my store soon as well :)

This past week has also been VBS at our church. I've been teaching the 7 to 9 year olds group, which has of course, been a blast. It's so nice to "get back in the teaching game" for a bit. I haven't worked with kids since May! Which is a good thing and a bad thing all at the same time ;)
So that's what I've been up to! Been spending lots of nights contact paper-ing books for my library, scraping hot glue off the walls, and rearranging things in my room. It still has a long way to go...but I promise to put up some before/after pictures when it's finished.

So....any tips for a newbie fourth grade teacher? I'll take all the help I can get!

Happy summer! :)

 PS- Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment