Hello all! Today I am linking up with the lovely Mrs. Jump's Class to talk about the top ten things I want to do this summer!
Technically, I'm not on summer break yet :( I have three more days!!! But, it's Memorial Day Weekend, I'm feeling summer-y, and I am beginning to round up all the things I want to accomplish.
1. First of all, and most importantly, I am going to Hawaii!! Yep, you read that right. This small-town Arkansas girl is going to Maui in a little over a month! I'm probably the most excited just to be going to on a plane (I've never been), but to be going to paradise? Let's just say I'm counting down the days ;)
2. I am planning on getting some serious pool time in this summer. There is nothing better to me- tanning, reading, floating... I may or may not be getting an early start on this one today ;) This is yet another reason I love my in-laws- we live next door to them and their pool. So... you know where you'll find me every day!
3. Next, I want to spend some quality time with the husband. My first year of teaching has taken a serious toll on him too! I work A LOT. I'm stressed A LOT. I take it out on him.... never ;) So I really want to make it up to him this summer. Trips, dinners, dates, and I may even try playing some video games. I know, crazy!
4. Fourth, more blogging! I have so AWOL this year it's not even funny. But I'm back! Or at least I'm hoping to be :)
5. I have about a bajillion (ballpark number) product/center/activity ideas that have been collecting in my brain this year. So I am looking forward to doing some "want-to-do" things and less "have-to-do" things.
6. I LOVE to read. I've kept it up some during the school year, but I have a stack of books calling my name at the moment. And no, they are not school-related. That's the point :) Here's what I'm currently reading:
7. Family time! I see my family a lot, but I feel like the whole time I'm thinking about school, typing away on my laptop, or grading papers. So I am definitely planning on spending some work-free time with the fam. Here's me and my two sisters at baby sister's prom a few weeks ago:
8. I definitely want to make time for some crafting. I've already got a plan for a summer wreath in the works! Breaking out the sharpies and the glue gun soon, for sure. I've been really into calligraphy lately:
9. I'm (re)watching all of FRIENDS. I love this show. Husband (because he's awesome) recently bought me the whole series. So you can bet that will be the TV show of my summer!
10. And last, workout. Bleck. I hate exercise. But I've lost 9 pounds this Spring, and I want to keep that going. No picture, because let's be honest, I don't like it. Haha.
And that's the plan! My Top Ten Things for this summer! What are your plans? I'd love to hear them!
The countdown to the end of the year is ON! My fourthies and I have already started our EOY Celebration with daily fun activities- outside reading, art projects, no shoes, etc. To make it super exciting, I even put the activities on sheets of paper inside balloons that we pop each day. They are loving it! Follow Cute in the Classroom on Instagram for pictures :)
To go along with our countdown, I created some fun products. Three of them are now available in my store and one is a FREEBIE! Love those.
Up first is our Autograph Book. It's a simple half-page book that you can print, cut, and staple. Exchanging autographs is another one of of our countdown activities that I am looking forward to!
PS- All of these products are created in black and white. We can't print in color at my school, so I'm keeping it simple and printer-friendly for the end of year ;)
Next, I whipped up some Classroom Awards for my kiddos. Originally, I typed up my students names on them and personalized them to their specific talents. I can't wait to give them out as one of our countdown activities! For TPT, I left a space for you to write in a name, your signature (to look all fancy), and the date. This comes with 25 different categories!
Spelling Star, Fashionista, Great Leader- all kinds. Check it out if you're looking for an easy way to award your kids before the summer.
And finally, (drumroll please) a FREEBIE! As another one of our countdown activities, my students are going to write letters to next year's fourth graders about "How to Have a Sweet Year". I can't wait to see what they write! This freebie can be used in lots of ways though! Back to school, New Year's, End of the Year, etc. Go get it!
Wishing you a wonderful end of the year! Personally, I'm just trying to survive the month of May ;)