Monday, April 29, 2013

Math Center Freebie! and Earth Day



freebies and earth day

Hello all! It has been forever since I've blogged on here! April has been such a crazy month! However, I've finished up student teaching, will be graduating this week (hallelujah!), and am officially on summer vacation! So expect to see a whole lot more of me ;)

To celebrate my return to the land of living, I am posting a math center freebie! "I Can Write Word Problems" is a lesson follow-up math center that I created for my second graders way back when. We were focusing on solving three digit word problems, so this math center has them writing and solving their own original problems. They love to be "authors" and solve each others :)

Check it out here.

Last week, we also celebrated Earth Day! I loved spending the day talking about recycling, resourcefulness, and helping the environment. To celebrate, we completed the All About Earth Day packet I made for them (reading passage, fill in the blank worksheet, writing prompt, and comprehension questions). I also made Earth Day cupcakes! I got the idea off of Pinterest (like always) and they turned out awesome! I'd love to hear how you and your littles celebrated as well!



Have a great week! It's good to be back :)  

hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment