Thursday, August 1, 2013

Currently - August Already!

It's officially August! Happy back to school month, people. Is that depressing? Sorry. I love back to school. I think I walk down the school supply aisle every time I go to the store. Plus I'm a newbie teacher, so I'm extra-specially excited to start my first year! :) Anywho, today I am linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade to let you all know what I'm "currently" up to!





Listening
My husband is watching Seinfeld in the background. We just got Direct TV installed yesterday (oh boy...), so he's been enjoying all of his channel freedom! Haha. I think when I finish this I will make him turn on Friends! ;)

Loving
I'm excited for the weekend. I've been at workshops all week, so I'm ready to give the ole brain a break (while I still can!). I'm also just excited to stay home and work on school projects and be a bum. Our getaway last weekend was so fun, but there's really no place like home :)

Thinking
My brain is a never-ending to-do list of things for school! Anybody else feel like that? I was sitting in my workshop today and kept sticking post-it notes on my planner with things I needed to remember to do. I think it was covered by the end of the day! Haha. And August 19th is our first day of school! My very first first day of school as a teacher. Hooray! Just two more weeks of meetings and it will be here! Crazy.

Wanting
I have been thinking about the pool alllllllllllllllllllll week. Husband says he will come swim with me Saturday. I can't wait! Oh, and I always want ice cream. Duh ;)

Needing
Who doesn't need a nap? Still getting back into the swing of things- getting up early and what not....not taking naps...you know.....Haha

Back to School Must-Haves
If you've read any of my blog posts recently....you know I love books. Reading them and looking at them and recommending them and smelling them and buying them...I'm a crazy book lady. So I always love to get new books. Especially books that I know my kids are going to love.
A cute teacher bag is a must. And of course, it has to hold a lot of stuff. For student teaching last year, I used an adorable Thirty One bag my Mom got me with "Mrs. Burns" on it. You just can't go wrong with monograms, am I right? I also have a matching lunchbox. Yep. I'm that person ;) I love that bag! It has tons of pockets and a durable inside liner that's totally capable of handling all the crazy things us teachers put it through. Spills, markers, crayons, food, glue, binders and books.....
And who doesn't need new clothes? I always do, personally ;) My husband might disagree...haha. Since it's my first year, I'm still building my "teacher wardrobe". And a lot of the clothes I bought for student teaching last year were kind of winter-friendly. Not so much hot. Which is definitely what south Arkansas has been lately. So hopefully when that first paycheck comes in (haha) I can take care of that back to school "must-have" ;)

So there's my August currently! Make sure you head over to Farley's to link up your own Currently and read your blogger friends'. Happy almost weekend!

     

14 comments:

  1. I have been looking forward to the weekend, too! I hope you are able to accomplish all you need to before August 19th! I found you on Farley's.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your pool and ice cream time! That sounds perfect to me as well! I found you on Farley's :)

    Heather
    Berry Sweet Teaching Treats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I'm looking forward to it :)

      Delete
  3. I so agree with you; you can NEVER have too many books!

    Hope you have fun your last days of summer!

    Tina

    Flamingos and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina! Good to hear from a fellow book-lover :)

      Delete
  4. Your very first year as a teacher?! YAY! You're going to have a blast :-)

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah I love your "yep I'm that person" comment!

    Yay for starting your first day soon! That's so exciting! You're so organized already having a blog up and running too! I've just found you through the linky and started following along.

    I hope you enjoy the last little bit of your break

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Serena! What a sweet comment :) I am trying to be as organized as possible, but as I like to say- "fake it til you make it"! Haha

      Delete
  6. Swimming and ice cream? Sounds like a party to me! I'm so proud of you starting your first year of teaching! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Hannah! Adorable anniversary pictures! I have returned from vacation and have set a goal to get back into the blogging! I have played around a lot with teachers pay teachers, but honestly have just played it safe with word documents and some power points. I have found some cool font here and there, and have checked out the "pond" link on TpT. Do you have any other suggestions of things to check out to help build material? You're doing a great job blogging- inspiring! We should link up and guest post eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Ashley! You made my day :)

      TPT is an ongoing process! I am constantly revising, checking, and uploading. The best way I got "into" TPT was by surrounding myself with great sellers and studying their work (in a non-creepy way...haha). Download bright and trendy backgrounds, fonts, and clip art to make your work pop (I love Creative Clips, Jen Jones, and Scrappin Doodles). And a lot of the time, I just find something I like on Pinterest or the blog world and put my own spin on it.

      I hope this helped some...I'm definitely no expert! I would love to link up and guest post with you sometime! :)

      Delete