Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week '13 - Let's Talk About Me Monday


Happy Teacher Week! I'm SO excited to be linking up with Blog Hoppin for this fun-filled week of linky parties!

This week is our first official week back to school! Today and tomorrow are filled with teacher evaluation training (blah) and the rest of the week is reserved for team meetings, working in our classrooms, and of course, Meet the Teacher day on Friday! So obviously, this is a bit of a very busy week for me. Hopefully I will make the linky party each day this week, but I will definitely be back tomorrow to share my Classroom Reveal! And I am bursting with excitement!!!! Anyway, back to Teacher Week...


Monday is Meet the Teacher day. So here are ten random (hopefully fun) facts about me :)


1. I'm Hannah Burns. I am a first year teacher starting my teaching journey in fourth grade literacy. My first first day of school is a week from today! :)

2. Meet my other half, Josh. We met as partners in a World Lit class in college at Southern Arkansas University. We just celebrated one year of marriage last month, and will officially be together for three years this October. He is a computer science major and works as a computer technician for a bank. He is my source for all things computer-y :)


3. We live in South Arkansas and have a cockier spaniel puppy named, Lewis. If you've read any of my posts, you know he is my dog baby. 


4. I started blogging this past year during my student teaching as a way to share about my Teachers Pay Teachers products. This summer, I've fallen in love with blogging, linky parties, giveaways, pinterest-ing, and new bloggy friends. I can't wait to document my journey here as a new teacher. I think it will be a great way to share ideas, get more ideas, and reflect on what works and what doesn't. 

5. When I'm not teaching or blogging, I love to curl up on my couch with a good book, TV show, or movie. I'm definitely an "indoors" kind of gal. I love Gossip Girl (guilty pleasure), Downton Abby, Gilmore Girls, and Friends. I have too many favorite books and movies to choose! But you can't go wrong with romantic comedies, Jane Austen, or Harry Potter.

6. I listen to a very strange, wide range of music. It changes all the time. Currently, I am enjoying the sounds of: Of Monsters and Men, Hillsong / Hillsong Live, Ellie Goulding, and Demi Lovato. 

7. I love shopping. Many of you know that I call it my favorite sport. It's true. There's nothing like that "just scored a great deal" feeling. I have millions of awesome clearance stories to share, if you're ever interested. My favorite stores? Target (with an extreme, frightening passion), Hobby Lobby, Dillards, Cotton On, Forever 21, and Old Navy. 

8. I'm a perfectionist and clinically OCD (meaning, I take pills for it...) Not trying to scare you away, just sharing! I made straight A's through most of high school and all four years of college. I've gotten a lot better in the last year, but some of my "bothers" include dirty dishes, routines, and being extremely hard on myself. 

9. My families are the best. I grew up with two sisters (one older, one younger) and parents that are both teachers. I love taking the hour drive to my hometown of Texarkana and hanging out with my parents, sisters, and brother-in-law. And Josh too, I guess ;) I have also been blessed with an amazing family of in-laws. I have already shared some about about my amazing MIL (check out her blog here), but I also have an awesome FIL and three sister-in-laws. I could not have asked for a better family to marry into.

10. Current goals/dreams of mine: Have an awesome, successful first year of teaching; Go to Hawaii (and maybe just stay there...); Stay dedicated/involved in blogging and TPT; Be healthier. 

So that's a little lot about me! Make sure you link up your own Meet the Teacher post here. I can't wait to read all about my bloggy friends!
If you're stopping by for the first time, click on the About and Connect tabs above to learn even more about me and find me on Twitter/Facebook/Pinterest/everything else.

And make sure you come back tomorrow for (drumroll please) my classroom reveal!!! Finally! :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,

    We have so much in common. :) Fourth grade literacy, Arkansas, and hubbies named Josh. LOL...

    I truly hope you have a great first year!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete