Friday, June 13, 2014

Five For Friday - June 13th

http://www.doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/06/five-for-friday-linky-party-june-13th.html

Happy Friday the 13th! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday! So here are five random things from my week...


(1)
I have been so lazy this week...mostly sleeping and reading. With a little bit of cleaning thrown in. And some swimming. And just a smidge of work. I am working on not feeling so guilty about being lazy...during the school year I am literally working nonstop. So transitioning to not working at all has been weird. Awesome. But weird. I keep reminding myself that I deserve to relax. Right? Ugh. But anyway. This is a picture of my dog, Lewis. Sums up our lives these days. 

(2)
I have also been soaking up all my laziness because I am leaving for a Literacy Institute Sunday afternoon. A couple days in Little Rock (our state capital) staying in a hotel, eating out, and learning about literacy with some teacher friends! I am really looking forward to it. And not just because I get paid to go. We're planning some shopping, cupcakes, and a teacher store visit as well!

(3)
Last night I worked on a great home project! My husband and I have lived in our house for almost two years and the shoes in our closet have been driving me crazy for that long. Okay, my shoes. Because that's mostly what it is. This is the "before" picture. Yuck.


Can't find anything. Hate it. So...

(4)
We bought some shelves! I know, I really went all out for this one. Ha. But it looks sooooooo good! We bought two of these shoe shelves from Walmart for about twenty bucks each. The box said they hold like 16 pairs of shoes or something, but if you stack them up (like the flip flops) you can fit more. I even managed to fit three pairs of Husband's shoes on there! Miraculous. 


I may have a slight shoe obsession. Maybe.

(5)
And this is the smidge of work I did this week. I finished up my 4th Grade Survival Guide for Back to School! I love this thing. Best idea my brain ever had while I was supposed to be sleeping. It's basically a little journal with rules, procedures, and stuff to know for my new kiddos. As you go over this stuff, the kids fill in the blanks and answer some questions about their first day and what they want to accomplish this year. And then they keep the little book or take it home and share it with parents. I can't wait to use it!
So what I did this week was make an Editable version for TPT. It has like 40-something pages for you to choose from and then type in your own information to build your very own Back to School Survival Guide. So if you're interested in that kind of thing, go check it out!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-School-Survival-Guide-Editable-1275114

Thanks for reading my random! Go link up over at Doodle Bugs and tell us about your week :)


1 comment:

  1. I REALLY need to get a shoe rack/shelf thing. Right now I have them separated into laundry baskets. I end up wearing the same shoes or having to dig out every pair in the basket. I'll need to search for the ones like you got at Walmart. I like how it extends across!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete