Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday Meet Me

Hello! Today I am linking up with Teaching Tribune for Monday Meet Me. Just a fun way to get to know blogging friends :)

http://www.theteachingtribune.com/2014/06/monday-meet-me.html


Don't you love Mondays?? Okay, let me rephrase that... don't you love Mondays during summer vacation???!! Today was a good Monday. Except that I had to go to the dentist this morning. Yuck. But then I got to go home and take a nap and enjoy the rainy afternoon reading, so it got much better. Anyway! Here is a little about me...



 I teach... this year I will start my second year teaching fourth grade literacy. At our school, we switch classes. My teaching partner does Math, Science, and Social Studies and I do Spelling, Reading, Writing, and Language. I looooooooove it. I have gotten so spoiled. And it's only been one year. I have never enjoyed Math and Science and History. I've always loved books and words more. And even though we are teachers and we can technically teach anything we are asked to... I just don't do my best when it comes to those subjects. Are at least that's how I feel. So that's what I teach! Any other literacy-only bloggers out there??

I have... a techie husband named Josh that I will be celebrating two years of marriage to in July! He is a computer programmer and the only reason I am blogging right now since our internet is out (rain rain go away). And I have a one year old cocker spaniel puppy named Lewis that I love like a baby. No shame in this game.

I watch... Friends! Love that show. Husband recently bought me the complete series. So yeah. You know what I've been doing with my life lately. And I always end up watching what my husband puts on... TV love comes with the whole "techie" thing. I could probably go without TV. Seriously, Netflix gets me through. That and my new Friends collection. But he loves TV and finding new shows to watch. And I just get sucked in. Always. Even if I don't like it. He is the reason I have watched Breaking Bad, The Simpsons, Seinfeld, Dexter, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, How I Met Your Mother, Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, and whatever video game he is playing at the moment. For many of those, I am grateful. Some good stuff in that list. Other times...not so much ;) But I love him anyway.

I listen... to a lot of different music. At the moment, I mostly just listen to Sirius radio in my car. But lately I've been on a John Mayer kick (love him). I love Ariana Grande's voice (great workout music) and Coldplay's new album is sweet as well. In the past, I've been known to love some All Sons and Daughters, Mumford, Needtobreathe, Adele, Taylor Swift, JT... I could go on and on. I'm weird, okay?

I read.... lots!! I come from a reading family. Now that my sisters and I are older, we are constantly exchanging books. My older sister came to my house Saturday night, handed me a book, and went to check my bookshelf for something new to read. It's just how we roll. I'm really into dystopian society books (think Hunger Games) or just any kind of adventurous fiction with some romance thrown in. I draw the line at vampires though. Currently I am finishing up C.J. Redwine's Defiance trilogy. SO good.

I do... Teachers Pay Teachers OF COURSE. Who doesn't? Blogging! More frequently now that I am on summer break, and some crafting from time to time! I love calligraphy, painting, and hot-gluing. I am also trying to become some that "does" working out too. Especially since I am going on vacation in 16 days. Ahhhhhhh.

So that is my "Meet Me"! Anything we have in common? Sorry I'm so random. Ha. Make sure to link up your Meet Me over at Teaching Tribune, and have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Hello!? John Mayer, Coldplay and Friends!! We could be besties! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete