Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Smorgasbord Link {June 8th}

Hello all! I'm linking up with Michelle at Fabulous in First for her wonderfully random Sunday Smorgasbord linky.

http://fabulousinfirst.blogspot.com/2014/06/sunday-smorgasbord-june-8-2014.html

Here in Arkansas it's a stormy Sunday afternoon. Perfect for blogging, reading, and napping. Oh and working on my computer. Which leads me to random number ONE...


I shared on Instagram about a new project I'm working on. It came to me in a dream...well actually it came to me when I was supposed to be sleeping. Does that ever happen to y'all? But anyway, it's a 4th Grade Survival Guide for back to school. A book full of interactive pages with school rules, expectations, getting to know your teacher facts, etc. There are places for the kids to draw, fill in the blank, and respond to questions. The pages in the picture are about Class Dojo and how I use it in my room, and then how we do Citizenship grades in class. I've also done a page about me and my switch teacher and what to expect from each of us. I'm planning pages for "Lunchroom/Recess Expectations", "How We Get Home", "Things We Learn in 4th Grade", "Activity Classes and Teachers", and "Things to Know About Mrs. Burns". I am also planning on including some reflective pages at the back for students to write about their first day and how they're feeling.  I'm really excited about how this is turning out. I'm trying to model it like the books my kids love so much (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Big Nate, Dork Diaries) with the journal set-up. I think it will make teaching rules and procedures more interactive and exciting!
P.S.- I've also been dreaming up an editable version for TPT and other grades. Anyone interested? :)

Random Number TWO
I told myself I wasn't going to do anything school-related this week. That didn't last very long??!! Oh well.

Random Number THREE
(Because it's summer and I've been really boring this week) Some of my favorite recent purchases...
My Chacos! I held off on the Chaco trend for a long time...they're so expensive. But I'm so glad I (aka Husband) finally caved. They are so comfortable and perfect for summer. Much better than flip flops, but not as constricting and hot as tennis shoes. Love them. And I think they're going to be great for vacation!

 
These shorts from Old Navy! I bought two pairs. Mostly because they had some kind of deal going on. But I am really glad I did! They feel like they're already broken in when you buy them. I love that. Pretty sure I'll be living in these this summer.

And (big finale) random number FOUR...
I updated my Classroom Reward Coupons yesterday. Originally, it had 14 reward coupons, but now it has 30! I love these things. And my kids loved them this year too. I still do a small treasure box with the kids, but they really want the coupons. And it's less shopping on my part. They come six to a page, so I usually print one or two pages of each, laminate them, and use a cheapo plastic coupon organizer thing (official name) to let the kids "shop" the different categories. So if you're in the market for some classroom rewards, check them out! And if you've already purchased, make sure you re-download :)

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Classroom-Reward-Coupons-780688

Thanks for reading my random! And if you want to share a little random of your own, link up over at Fabulous in First! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment