Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday Tattles - A Few of My Favorite Things

a few of my favorites

Happy Tuesday, teacher friends! Have you ever had one of those days that you were just in the teacher "zone"? Well today was one of those days for me! It seemed like everywhere I looked I was finding great websites and resources for my littles! So I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things :)

1. www.discoveringantarctica.org.uk 
I stumbled across this site today and fell in love. Seriously. If you're using my Learning the Continents packet, this website is the perfect teaching tool for your lesson on this icy continent. Full of activities, "icebreakers", and high-quality photos to click through, I can't wait to use this site with my littles. They love them some visual aids, especially when learning about far away places!

2. www.kids.nationalgeographic.com
This one is pretty self-explanatory :) So many awesome pictures, videos, and resources for every topic under the sun! I really  enjoyed looking up different animals unique to the 7 continents with my kids.

3. Standardized Test Parent Letter Freebie 
This freebie from Angelia Grimes Graeme's TpT store is just what I didn't know I was looking for today! First of all, it is ADORABLE. I usually I have to "cute" things up before I use them, but I wouldn't change a thing about this letter! It is just my style. This letter to parents explains that next week we will begin state testing, and gives them some tips about helping their child do their best on it. And my favorite part, it includes some cute lined paper where parents can write an encouraging note for their child to read before the big test! I LOVE this idea. Head over to her store and download this one for yourself :)

Hope you've enjoyed a few of my favorite things and that you're having a great week in the classroom!

hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment